Sunday, February 28, 2021

Vermont Winter Landscape

                                                                   (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro


Painting the landscape in Winter is truly a different experience. The light, shadows and energy are unlike any other season. There is no other time of year when you can feel the temperature of the air with such clarity.

This Winter I have become frustrated with my watercolor paper buckling or separating from a block early in my painting process. It has forced me to wet the backside of my paper and lay down books on it so it will dry flat.

As a result I have experimented with different kinds of paper and thicknesses. This paper is Waterford Saunders 200lb cold press paper. This paper is bright and seems to hold up well. It seems like a special paper when the watercolors are sitting on the surface, wet. I appreciate the lively colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment