Wednesday, February 3, 2021

The Winter Landscape

                                                         (C) 2021 Photograph Dale DiMauro

In the last ten days or so I have made a point of getting out in nature and embracing Winter. Instead of just going on walks I have snowshoed, cross-country and down hill skied numerous times. In the process I am amazed how late the sun is beginning to set, at least on days when it is out.

Before this last storm I took a walk and some photographs of the landscape in the late afternoon. The late day light was quite remarkable. I walked across this field to capture the fading light but it was well worth it.

I don't know that this photograph captures the magic of that fading light. The colors of the Winter landscape became so vivid before fading into the night sky. 

The blue hues cast on the snow were so fresh yet, varied in contrast to the brown structure of the growth on the edge of the field. Just to walk in that light felt special, partly because that moment was not going to last.


No comments:

Post a Comment