Sunday, April 11, 2021

Brattleboro Retreat Ice Pond

                                                                                      (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

Saturday was a glorious day here in southern Vermont. I took the opportunity to paint my first plein air painting of the season. 

The ice pond on the Brattleboro Retreat trails I find to be one of the most appealing spots to pull over and take in some of the natural world. I set myself and painting equipment on the concrete wall so I could get a better vantage point and stay dry. As I painted the number of fish swimming below me was unbelievable.

I painted this picture in an hour as I had an appointment to have my winter tires removed. Other than wishing I had more time I am pleased with the overall watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment