Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Brush Storage

                                                                                      (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro

Recently, when I completed my income taxes for 2020 it seemed like a good time to better organize my studio space. So, naturally I started thinning things out. In addition, it was a high priority to clear surfaces off so I can lay out paintings and watercolor blocks which would not hinder my creativity.

One thing lead to another. Soon I started entertaining the idea of storing my watercolor brushes differently. From my experience it is good to store your brushes flat so the bristles dry with a good point.

The issue became what to do with my large brushes which do not fit in most storage sleeves. Also, I was trying to get away from having brushes in contact with other ones. I am pleased to report this brush wrap was found at my local art store by chance. It has wide brush pockets and lays flat to my liking. Another benefit it that I am less likely to knock brushes off my desk which has happened on occasion.

Perhaps this is more information than you would want to hear about. However, I like this new approach to navigating my workspace. It gives me a fresh new perspective as I move forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment