Sunday, April 18, 2021

Down by the River

                                                                                      (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

Recently, I have been filling up a spiral bound watercolor book with color combinations. As I mix pigments and progress through the book I began turning them into landscapes.

I realize there is so much more of my palette that I am not utilizing. It is a real learning process. I think of it as expanding my vocabulary, something a writer could relate to.

The first wash you put down in watercolor can set such a dramatic mood for your painting. It can really change your outlook. Also, it makes you consider how you want to proceed with your painting. I find this exercise really important for when I am painting down the road.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment