Sunday, April 4, 2021

A SELECTION OF WATERCOLORS FROM THE WINTER.........

                                                                          (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

It is important to step back from a painting you are working on to see it from a distance. Likewise, it is important to view some of your work as a collective effort so you can get a broader perspective.

During these challenging and isolating times I find it necessary to notice the progress you are making and which pigments I may be favoring over others on my palette. In another words, what direction am I heading towards.

Earlier today while acknowledging it is Easter Sunday, I painted some simple color swatches. For some time I have been seeking mixes of rich, lively browns to use in my watercolors. At this time of year many of the local rivers have rising water levels which stirs up the stuff on the bottom. This stuff on the river bottom is often a variation of browns. Also, I admire the way John Singer Sargent used browns in his paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment