Wednesday, October 13, 2021

River's Edge

                                                                                       (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

Since late summer I have been experimenting with the three primary colors: red, blue and yellow. This is the product of one of my more recent experiments. I love the rich, fluid blending of colors. In particular, I like the darks which add so much to a watercolor painting.

The pigments used in this watercolor are: yellow ochre/permanent brown/ultramarine blue. I find the absence of color(the white of the paper) compelling when edged by darks. Also, this scenario seems to add depth to the landscape on the paper.

This was painted in an inexpensive watercolor book with 80# paper. It is very smooth paper. It simply shows - that it is important to paint on as many surfaces as you can so as to be flexible or adaptive in your painting approach.


No comments:

Post a Comment