Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Today's Plein Air

                                                                           (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

It turned out to be such a beautiful day after many days of rain. As a result, it was great to get outside and fit in some watercolor painting.

This picture was done at the Brattleboro Common, which has a service road that can look at times like a dirt path. Many people were taking advantage of the services the park provides today.

Overall, it was a pleasant painting experience. However, after the watercolor dried and I had stepped back some, I noticed the lack of variety in the spacing and size of the trees in the background. Other than that I have no complaints.

I did use a Winsor Newton watercolor block. All summer long I have been painting on Arches but I am fine with either painting surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment