Sunday, October 3, 2021

The Retreat Meadows

                                                                             C) 2021 Dale DiMauro


My wife and I attended one of these Thursday evening food roundups late in the summer, down by the Retreat Meadows. We couldn't believe the number of people in attendance nor the length of the lines to each vendor.

What we did experience was this amazing sunset over the Retreat Meadows, which lit up the landscape in a most spectacular way. The glow across the distant hills and grasses in contrast to the shadows across the water was striking.

This experience became the inspiration for this watercolor, which I soon started. Also, I was struck by the dark foliage which framed the view on the top of the painting. 

With peak foliage upcoming I am sure to view this area much differently than the grungy-feel of the earlier summer milfoil season.

No comments:

Post a Comment