Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Fields of Northampton

                                                                                     (C) 2022 Dale DiMauro
 

Several weeks back the fields of Northampton, MA were ablaze from the setting sun. It was still very much winter along the rail trail but I could sense the emergence of the seasonal change.

I didn't know if I could match the intensity of the orange in the distant fields. However, I felt pretty good after I mixed quinacridone gold with cadmium red. The radiance of those two colors combined, reminded of my experience down in the Deerfield Valley.

The late day sun cast such a lovely glow across the landscape that it is etched in my memory. There are not many other experiences of such atmospherical drama which I can draw upon. In the summer if you are lucky(weather-wise) along the Maine coast I have seen unmistakeable sunsets across the Atlantic Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment