Sunday, March 6, 2022

Retreat Field

                                                                                       (C) 2022 Dale DiMauro

After this winter, it is refreshing to paint a summer scene full of greenery. I like how the vegetation in the foreground frames the landscape. It is not quite finished but I made some progress on this watercolor tonight.

This was painted on this Master's Choice watercolor paper which I have been working on lately. Except in this case I removed a sheet from the watercolor block to see if it would buckle when wet. I have been using the rough surface which buckles a little but it was quite workable, nonetheless. This paper seems to retain rich color and has a lively tooth to the surface.

Someone told me the back of the paper wasn't so accepting of paint. However, I disagree. I painted a section of the back and one can express lovely hard and soft edges with great variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment