Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Horizon Blue

                                                                                      C) 2022 Dale DiMauro
 

Last week I ordered a watercolor tube of Horizon Blue, made by Holbein. The sky above consists of Horizon Blue. It may seem weak in the photograph but it adds a lot to the overall atmosphere of the landscape.

It seems to mix well with other blues and adds a calm presence to the landscape. I seldom use just one pigment in my sky so I am eager to experiment with this new option. Also, it might be a pigment which allows the landscape to become more prominent in the composition.

In the last year my painting of the sky has evolved quite a bit. I put down a wash for the sky and before it is fully dry I add other marks or pigmentation and can achieve streaks or graded washes. Sometimes I even add browns to my sky. So we will see where this pigment takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment