Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Vincent Van Gogh


A few weeks ago, during President's week, my wife and I drove down to Montague, MA to visit the book mill. Now, I had never been to the Montague Book Mill, but it certainly has a ton of primarily, used books, at really good prices, in a lovely setting.

I ended up purchasing the New York Times Bestseller: Van Gogh: The Life(2012), written by Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith for under ten dollars. As it is over eight hundred pages in length I will be reading this for quite some time. However, I always wanted to learn more about the life and times of Van Gogh.

Vincent Van Gogh(1853-1890) as many know, was a dutch impressionist painter who has become one of the most famous and recognizable painters in western art. He painted landscapes, still life's and portraits with bold color and expressive brushstrokes. In one decade alone he created nearly 2,100 artworks including 860 oil paintings, most of which he completed in the last two years of his life(Credit: Wikipedia).

No comments:

Post a Comment