Sunday, May 19, 2024

Landscape Painting in Process

                                                                                           (C)2024 Dale DiMauro
 

Every painting has it's own unique process from my experience. There are certain parameters put on some pictures, particularly, if you are painting outside, have limited time or size constraints. 

This picture I started a little while back and did some more work on it recently. Perhaps, it might seem complex but I differ on that perspective. Often, I make refinements along the way, even though the composition is essentially unchanged.

What appealed to me most about this watercolor other than the colors is the view down across the landscape with an inviting contour on the far side of the pond. This very contour draws you more into the landscape.

However, I may tweak this far pond edge of the pond as it seems too exaggerated but other than that I am okay with things at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment