Sunday, November 5, 2017

Along the Housatonic River

(C) 2017 Photograph Dale DiMauro

Yesterday, yet again, I traveled to Kent, Connecticut. This time to retrieve my painting at the conclusion of the North East Watercolor Society's 41st Annual International Open Exhibition.

I was struck by how beautiful the Housatonic River Valley is at this time of year. On route seven, which meanders along the river, vistas of rolling fields, distant hills, and even the Berkshires come into and out of view. Upon arriving into Kent, the sun had begun to blanket the fall landscape with a combination of ochre, sienna and tawny colors. Even the cross roads had stately specimens in full color, whether an oak or maple. 

Out in the landscape I felt as if I was a small figure moving across the canvas in an Eric Sloane painting, who was a local resident and well known artist.

The fly fisherman I posted on October 18th, was once again alive in the center of the river with waist high waders as I drove past. I truly wanted to take a photograph of this iconic scene but there was no place to safely pull over.

No comments:

Post a Comment