Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Keene reservoir & park

(C) 2017 Dale DiMauro

Some how I had a mix up this afternoon. I drove to Keene, NH for a one o'clock appointment but the people I expected to meet were not there. After eating lunch I decided to start a plein air painting to overcome my disappointing afternoon.  

At the end of summer I had discovered this park wrapped around a reservoir off a steep hill. I was able to spread my stuff out on a park bench and work on capturing the late fall color. The photograph does not do it justice, as I felt the picture got off to a great start. Just before leaving I took a photograph so it can be finished at home. 

Originally, I was taken by the stately tree, fall foliage and slope of the land down toward the water. What fascinates me are the marks created where there is a lack of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment