Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Late Fall in Brattleboro, VT

(C) 2017 Dale DiMauro

This is a watercolor I have been playing around with, here and there, over the last couple of weeks. I was struck by the russet fall colors this late in the season, in combination, with the long shadows. At this time of year the light is changing so rapidly I had to take a photograph before the landscape was all in shadow. I would have preferred to work in plein air except the temperature was dropping rapidly, too.

I came back to this after several days when it dawned on me I have a little used pigment on my palette which is needed to complete this picture. That color is called brown madder, which is a red. I applied it on some of the trees on the forest edge which added a richness it was lacking.

This photograph came out more on the orange side than the actual picture conveys.

No comments:

Post a Comment