Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Scott Farm

                                                                   (C) 2020 Dale DiMauro
 

Earlier this week I was fortunate to join the Saxton's River Art Group for some plein air painting at a nearby farm. Rain had been forecast, but the morning turned out to be quite conducive for painting outside.

The fall colors stood out in contrast to the gray skies. It made me realize how important it is to get outside before the deciduous trees all shed their leaves in the upcoming weeks.

When starting this watercolor, I didn't notice the outbuilding in the foreground. It is neglected and invaded by growth. Soon, I embraced it as an asset.

I like the overall character of the landscape and the sense of depth in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment