Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Winter in Vermont - 2021

                                                            (C) 2021 Photograph Dale DiMauro
 

In spite of all the restrictions due to COVID-19, we have had a great Winter season that is if you like Winter. I have cross-country skied twelve times thus far. Also, I have snowshoed ten times. And that is just outdoor activities.

Indoors I have played tennis ten times and gone to the racquet club eighteen times. I am not bragging but this is how I have gotten through this Winter.

However, cross-country skiing for me is the most spiritual and physically challenging. To glide across the lovely landscape, looking at the distant hills while in the sun is a special experience. If you look - the natural light at this time of year is spectacular. 

I usually ski around five miles on a typical outing which makes me sleep like an infant. One of the most satisfying qualities is acknowledging that everyday is getting longer and warmer. We are closer to becoming vaccinated even though my shots won't come until Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment