Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Brattleboro Common

                                                                        (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro

The other day I was organizing stuff in my office when I came upon this watercolor that I painted last fall. There is a quality of light in this picture which I find appealing. I couldn't put my hand on what it is but I was struck by the quality of that light.

This was a watercolor I painted in about an hour, outside, at the Brattleboro Common as the length of day was rapidly declining. During this time of year there is a point in the afternoon(if it is a sunny day) when the natural light enhances the colors of the earth before the light fades to dusk and then darkness. I am not saying I captured it here but I remember the experience as such.

It is rewarding to look at what you painted while glancing over at your subject matter to see how you captured it in paint and what you left out accidentally or intentionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment