Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Fields: Clark Art Museum

                                                                          (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

It has been written that John Singer Sargent used only one green in watercolor painting and that was Viridian.  So I have been experimenting by mixing viridian with yellow ochre amongst other yellows to see what I come up with for a range of greens.

In this scene I have added in a mature tree in the watercolor posted last week. In fact, it needs more touches of paint to get the depth of foliage I am after. However, as one can notice a tree adds so much to a landscape. Originally, the trees and view are what drew me to this subject matter.

This one tree frames the view and lends much character to the landscape. It is such a spectacular focal point one could easily imagine pulling up a lawn chair with a book in hand and sitting under the canopy on a hot summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment