Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Landscape Painting

                                                                            (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

Through many annual visits to the Clark Art Museum in Williamstown, MA I have come to appreciate the surrounding landscape. I really only visit the museum in the summer months with my wife but it is such a lovely setting that it has become quite memorable.

This watercolor was inspired from one of my more recent visits. If you take one of their walks above the museum you will find yourself amidst a sweeping vista of the valley below with the Berkshire Mountains in the distance.

The colors of late summer are quite appealing, at least for me. You can see the ghost of a tree trunk towards the left of the picture. Clearing the painting is not finished but I feel that I made great progress today.

No comments:

Post a Comment