Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Along the West River(Brattleboro, VT)

(C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

Recently, someone added benches along the West River Trail in Brattleboro, VT. They are sited to take advantage of lovely vista's up or across the river. It even appears that someone cut back the brush in some areas to expand the views.

This was painted from one of those benches. However, it started raining once I set-up my plein equipment. One result was a bunch of watermarks and brown blemishes, on the paper, once dry. So I came back a week later and carried on. 

This picture has an English feel to it with muted colors and diffused light. I feel that all that is necessary is to add some finishing touches. The unpainted figure is a man paddling his red canoe which happened right before my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment