Monday, September 6, 2021

Plein Air

                                                                                      (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro


This plein air was painted entirely outside last week on a lovely afternoon. It was painted very much in the spur of the moment. I am sure it is a quirky little picture and that may be why I like it. After I started this watercolor I was swarmed by kids - as this area was where they waited for their rides home from school.

When I go plein air painting there usually is a location in mind with an understanding of where the natural light might fall. In this case I found the lay of the land appealing and this shed full of character with some boards tacked on in a rather random manner.

The warmth of light and how the trees in the background came out were quite satisfying as I progressed through this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment