Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Latest Plein Air

                                                                   (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

We have had such beautiful weather, lately, that I have been making a strong emphasis of painting outside, when possible. Recently, late day has been my preference for painting outside.

I painted this picture prior to dinner on Sunday. It evolved rapidly, as I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go as far as subject matter was concerned. This picture was completed in one sitting, all outside.

This watercolor has a unique perspective which drew me to the subject. There is a lot of elements in this picture with a sense of an elongated depth, which the light dramatically reveals.

Painting outside educates me in more ways than one. Also, I find it is important to use my time wisely. Finally, the experience makes me truly see things as they are  - whether it is the colors of nature or the lay of the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment