Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Plein Air Painting

                                                                            (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

The sun finally broke out yesterday afternoon, so I got an hour in, on this plein air painting. Little did I know that a sizeable bullfrog was with me at the base of this wall. He or she must have been at least six inches in length. It was simply bathing in the afternoon sun. No matter what noise I made or how close I got it would not budge the whole time I was there.

This watercolor is directly the result of painting what I saw in from of me, minus some extraneous stuff. I like the abstract qualities of the elements in this landscape. Before long the sun had become strong and I could sense a quality of fall rapidly approaching.

Lately, I have seen a great heron frequenting a log in the water as it hunts for a meal. It is quite a site with it's long angular wings tucked in by it's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment