Sunday, April 17, 2022

Brush Storage

                                                                                       (C) 2022 Dale DiMauro


Brush storage can be a crucial element when painting in watercolor. It can be easy to lose track of a brush or carelessly pile brushes on top of each other, particularly if you paint outside.

I find it is important to clean my brushes thoroughly after painting and then lay them down so they dry with a good point intact. Also, I don't want my brush handles rubbing against other surfaces as they may chip or deteriorate.

For me, this has evolved into storing my brushes, when not in use, in one of these canvas sleeves. In addition, if I need to clear my counter for added space I sometimes store them in one of my flat files.

No comments:

Post a Comment