Wednesday, April 27, 2022

MAUVE

 

                                                                                      (C) 2022 Dale DiMauro


Mauve is a color of conversation that has come up in my life several times over the last ten days or beyond. So I decided to explore this color more.

Mauve is french for 'mallow' as it derives from the mallow plant. It is considered a pale, purple color which many people characterize as lilac. In painting it is created by mixing red with purple.

The above tree was made by combining red with purple. I don't know if I would continue using it as a tree color. However, this color does add something to the landscape. The tree doesn't dominate the landscape as other dark-toned colorations do.

However, I will consider using it as pigment down the road when the right occasion presents itself. How would you use it in your paintings?

No comments:

Post a Comment