Sunday, April 3, 2022

Fabriano Artistico Soft Press Watercolor Paper

                                                                                (C)2022 Dale DiMauro
 

Last summer I requested a free sample of this watercolor paper made by Fabriano which has been manufacturing paper since 1264. I had heard good things about this soft press paper which apparently is between cold press and hot press texture-wise. The blank top sheet in the photograph is actually a cold pressed sample sheet.

With all the supply chain delays, I surprisingly opened the mail this winter and there was the sample sheet. I was eager to paint on this new surface. Considering the sample sheet is only 140 lb I thought it might buckle on me but it didn't. The paint went on smooth and I liked the way the sheet handled the paint.

I will be looking to paint on this surface in the future. The other quality I noticed is how vivid the colors are after the paint dried. I believe it is a great paper for painting landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment