Sunday, August 25, 2024

New Sketchbook


 



Choosing a sketchbook is such a personal decision. There are so many sketchbooks on the market in all kinds of sizes, thicknesses and utilizing a huge range of papers. This sketchbooks I found in the spring at a Barnes & Noble Bookstore in Hadley, Ma.

I love this sketchbook because the paper lays flat which is essential if are going to do any kind of drawing. Also, I do not prefer smooth paper for my sketching. as I go for paper that has some tooth to it. This gives your sketch a grainy quality which I really like when drawing a figure or landscape.

I draw on both sides of my sketchbook pages for the most part, as I don't want to waste any sheets. As you can see this sketchbook cost ten dollars which I am okay with. I have spent much more for some sketchbooks because they are larger, have a hard cover and even take watercolor washes.

I find drawing to be an essential part of my life. It immediately relaxes me and focuses my attention to where it needs to be. These sketchbooks document my process and hone my ability to see life for what it is in that moment. The act of drawing allows me to loosen up by experimenting and taking chances by drawing at all scales in contrast to the mundane daily tasks which dominate aspects of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment