Sunday, August 18, 2024

One-Hour Painting

                                                                              (C) 2024 Dale DiMauro
 

Watercolor is my medium of choice. I love painting with watercolors because the clean-up is easy and safe. Also, it is such a diverse medium with such a range of choices from it's portability to technical approaches etc, that it endlessly fascinates me.

However, often I am pressed for time and some days it is a challenge to squeeze in any painting. On these days I grab a loose sheet of watercolor paper and paint rapidly on a small sheet what I can. It really calms me down yet focuses me at the same time.

The subject for this painting was done from memory. My wife and I visited Gardiner, Maine earlier this Summer and took a hike along the Kennebec River which flows through the center of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment