Sunday, November 18, 2018

At the foot of the ski jump......

(C) 2018 Dale DiMauro

How the seasons change. Quickly I may add. At least this year in particular. 

This watercolor developed over the weekend, in between getting prepared for this early Winter. It is not that I was unprepared for the coming Winter but the shock of ice along our frozen roads has settled in and will no doubt be with us for quite a while. My occasional walk will not be as intuitive as it has been. Now I must truly be prepared for the elements.


To me, this picture has the look of an oil painting even though it is in fact, a watercolor. The angular marks in the foreground make it appear as if a palate knife had been used. Perhaps it even has the look of a french landscape in technique and subject, yet is the land at the base of the Brattleboro ski jump. I do like how a river or path leads the viewer into the landscape.


No comments:

Post a Comment