Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Field of Dreams

(C) 2018 Dale DiMauro

In the early fall, I heard we New Englanders, would likely have a strong foliage season. With all the rain we had since the middle of July or so, we were primed for vivid colors. 

After hearing this on the radio I felt an obligation to hit the local trails. I had avoided hiking in the woods primarily, because of the lyme tick threat. The day I was out was one of the most pleasant days of the season. In fact, I thought there would be many more leading up to peak season.

This is one of the last unused skinny watercolor sheets I had at my disposal. I like this slice of the landscape with it's vertical orientation. 

Artists say that burnt sienna is an essential color for painting landscapes. Recently, I  have increasingly embraced this pigment in depicting fields and sun-drenched foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment