Sunday, November 11, 2018

Lowell Lake

(C) 2018 Dale DiMauro

In late August on a hot and humid day I joined a meet-up group to paddle on Lowell Lake near Londonderry, Vermont. It ended up being the perfect day to paddle and swim away from the heat in southern Vermont. We ended up eating our lunch at a picnic table on one of the many islands in the lake.

This landscape doodle, developed into more of a study, for hopefully, a larger watercolor. The reflections on the water and the exuberant growth along the shore caught my imagination. The water is not blue at all, but attractive with it's varied colorations and cleanliness.

When my time is limited, I have taken to experimenting with various-sized scraps of arches watercolor paper, at my disposal. In addition, I am determined to become proficient in the use of masking fluid by the end of the month. Watercolor artists use this to preserve the white of the paper in certain areas while continuing to applying washes.

No comments:

Post a Comment