Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Green on Brown

                                                                                      (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro


Returning to a painting I have set aside for a period of time can be a challenge. Often it is not an issue at all, but this one I had not had the time to return to. Regardless, I returned to the painting earlier in the evening. I was not so excited about it while working on it, but after I had stepped away for a period of time I was rather pleased.

I like the glint of water through the trees on the left and the edge of the contour on the right before the distant hill. Recently, I have been combining quinacridone gold with manganese blue for spring tree foliage. I think it works. 

I was pleased that I matched the color of the dirt in the foreground. Brown can be an elusive color to mix and when it dries it can lose some of it's charm. Browns and greens seem to be an important color found out in the natural world, at least here in Vermont, in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment