Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Watercolor Painting

                                                                                       (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

In the summer when the days are long, there are many distractions to keep you from painting. Continuity is essential to continued progress. Observing, recording and painting the colors out in nature I find valuable. This process seeps into your developing palette.

When outside you must learn to simplify your composition. You can't cram every little detail into your paintings. With the changing light you develop a greater connection with the natural flow of life. Ultimately, I find this experience relaxing.

I hope my paintings in my watercolor-bound book express some of these qualities. It has sixty-four pages to paint on and I have painted on four pages thus far. There are portraits in addition to landscapes and color studies. However, the portability of this painting surface is most appealing, particularly as time is limited in the busy summer months. Also, it fits neatly in my bag without taking up much space.

No comments:

Post a Comment