Sunday, June 13, 2021

PLEIN AIR: Stickney Brook

                                                                          (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

Last week during the heat wave I painted this watercolor on my way home from work. It felt great to sit with my feet in the water while the sound of the falls were quite soothing. It was a plus to be in the shade too.

I spent about one and a half hours on this watercolor. Often I feel a bit rushed at the end of my session due to other time commitments but this seemed about right.

Reflecting back on this painting - it has a Neil Welliver feel to it. Neil Welliver(1929-2005) is known for painting large scale oil paintings of river scenes found deep in the woods of Maine. He would take his backpack and hike into the woods where he would paint plein air watercolors which were the basis for his oil paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment