Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Figures In Watercolor

                                                                                             (C) 2024 Dale DiMauro

Drawing the figure is one of the most difficult tasks for an artist to master. In the warmer weather I like to travel with my sketchbook to concerts or outdoor events and sketch as freely as possible, what I see before me. At these events I get much input while sketching or painting. Most of it is complimentary and often it is disruptive but I have learned to let the feedback flow through me and move on.

I am committed to filling my current watercolor book and sketchbook with figures in watercolor. Hopefully, by the end of summer I will make progress on capturing the postures and proportions of the human body. This will enable me to intuitively capture individuals I see in my daily life. This requires rendering the human figure at different scales, contexts and media then I may have in the past.

These watercolors were done from life. I find drawing and thus painting these figures quite challenging. yet rewarding. Already I see more direct and fluid watercolor strokes than when I started in early June.

No comments:

Post a Comment