Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Painting Figures in Watercolor

                                                                                           

                                                                (C) 2024 Dale DiMauro


Painting people in watercolor can be a challenge. Once a person is in the picture they become the focus and all eyes go to that person.

So it is of utmost importance to get the people correct. The drawing needs to be accurate or at least believable in proportion and posture, etc.

This summer I continue to make an effort to draw my people accurate yet bold at all scales. I think my figures are beginning to become fluid and less overworked. Grounding them to the landscape seems to help, too.

This may seem like a redundant topic for a post as I wrote about capturing figures recently. However, the figue and how to portray them on paper is a frequent consideration in my painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment