Wednesday, July 31, 2024

                                                                                (C) 2024 Dale DiMauro

Often I only mix two pigments before my brush meets the paper. However, this pattern on the water in the above painting was painted using yellow ochre/burnt sienna/cobalt blue. It seemed like a fresh, natural kind of coloring.
 

I started this watercolor while on vacation in Maine and finished it yesterday. It became more abstract as I painted it which I think is a good thing. I like the combination of raw sienna and viridian in the distant hill.

Recently, I have been using a cellulose sponge to clean-up any runny areas of pigment which has been a real benefit to my painting. In addition, I have been experimenting by using an atomizer to create softer edges in my sky's.  Both techniques I have taken to readily and obsessed about advancing to a greater degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment