Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Greening Up

                                                                   (C) 2021 Photograph Dale DiMauro
 

The landscape is starting to become green. After a dry period, the plants are becoming more lush by the day. In fact, I can't believe how green the natural environment has become in the last few days. 

Over the weekend I climbed Black Mountain, a local hiking area with my wife. Along the hike the trees in the woods were all a yellow-green haze. Now many of these trees are starting to become a blue-green as more trees leaf out.

These observations are important as I often seek to paint the colors I see out in the natural world. It makes me question which colors I would mix to arrive at a given color. At this time of year I have observed many browns and greens particularly along the local rivers.

This photograph was taken on the edge of one of our many fields bordered by volunteer trees and overgrown stone walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment