Sunday, May 30, 2021

Spring Landscape

                                                                                      (C) 2021 Dale DiMauro
 

After a month of developing paint swatches I feel like it is starting to pay off. The sand color in the foreground I would not have come up with a month ago. It is not that I wouldn't have arrived at that color so much as my thinking about the palette is much broader now. When one can intuitively draw upon a color combination it is much more satisfying. When working outside painting with clear direction is important.

I just started this painting this afternoon, during the heavy rain, but am excited in the direction it is going. It is best, I find, when a watercolor moves along sequentially, at a decent pace,

The subject of this landscape is the lower field area of the Harris Hill Ski Jump in Brattleboro, VT.


No comments:

Post a Comment